Scholarships are provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University in USA. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
Eligibility: Applicants should meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
– Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
– Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
– Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
– Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
– Additional Conditions:
– Recipients must maintain full-time status.
– Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
– The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
– Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
– ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from international freshman applicants under the age of 21 who graduated from a US high school. ETSU does not require ACT/SAT scores for admission purposes from international freshmen applicants who successfully complete secondary education in countries other than the U.S.
– International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
– TOEFL: 500 Paper based (PBT), 173 Computer based (CBT), 61 Internet based (iBT)
– IELTS – International English Testing System:Score of 5.5
How To Apply
The mode of application is online. Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2017 for spring semester.
For More Details Visit Official Scholarship Page.
To Apply for Canada scholarships click the bellow banner.